Today is National Rum Day! Who want’s to celebrate?? If you said yes and you live in Portland, you are in luck. We have a multitude of fantastic rum-focused bars all across the city for your sipping pleasure.
- Rum Club 720 SE Sandy Blvd The name says it all. They have rums from all over the world and use them in a variety of ways in their many delicious cocktails. Happy hour 4-6 daily.
- Hale Pele 2733 NE Broadway If tiki cocktails are more your style, and you possibly want them on fire, stop by this spot that will instantly transport you to island life. Bring friends to share a Volcano Bowl.
- Acadia Bistro 1303 NE Fremont Sometimes you need just one perfect drink to make the list, and Acadia’s rendition of the classic New Orleans Hurricane is it. A blend of three rums and passion fruit puree, it goes down a little too easily for it’s strength.
- The Alibi 4024 N Interstate Ave Who doesn’t want to croon along to some yacht rock while downing a few daquiris? Karaoke daily and a serious span of happy hours are hallmarks of this long-standing North Portland spot.
- Eem 3808 N Williams Ave This too-hot-to-touch BBQ and Thai fusion restaurant just started serving brunch/lunch everyday, so you can get your boozy slushy craving satisfied whenever it may strike.
Did we miss your favorite place to sip some rum? Let us know in the comments!